The following venture funding has taken place in the past week:
* Online dating site, MatchActivity has raised an angel round (Los Angeles, CA)
* Social networking site, MomJunction raised a first round of $1.5m (New York, NY)
* VMix Media, an online media platform, has raised a Series B round (San Diego, CA)
* Consumer electronics search engine, Retrevo, has close $3.2m in a Series A (Sunnyvale, CA)
* Doostang, an invite-only jobs board has raised a $250k angel round (Palo Alto, CA)
In M&A, Macrovision has acquired consumer electronics software company, Mediabolic, for $43.5m and Cisco has bought IronPort Systmes, an anti-spam company, for $830m.