The finalists have been named in the 2006 Global Security Challenge.
As an advisor I’ve had the pleasure of reviewing these five companies and the competition for ultimate winner is going to be fierce.
This London Business School initiative has been endorsed by US Senate Majority Leader, Bill Frist: “The GSC is an example of the innovative thinking we need to stay ahead of the security curve.”
The finalists are:
- Ingenia – laser technology to give passports etc an authenticating fingerprint (London, UK)
- ScanWalk – technology to identify people by their gait (London, UK)
- Secerno – database security (Oxford, UK)
- TIRF – portable biosensors (Pennsylvania, US)
- Vumii – laser-based night surveillance system (Georgia, US).
The winner, who will be announced in London on October 26th, will receive $10,000 in prize money as well as mentorship from Siemens Venture Capital. Good luck guys.